Thursday, July 24, 2008

Backyard Hi Jinx

A couple of evenings ago, I'm attempting to wind down in the backyard with a glass of wine while the husband and doglet play in the backyard. The sprinkler unexpectedly goes off catching Mavis by surprise. She runs around like a mad dog in the water catching pine needles all in her hair until she looks like a porcupine. Then I spot a hawk swooping through the yard (attempting to murder my little Mavis I'm sure - do hawks eat porcupines?). I scream, Chris runs, Mavis runs, I run after both of them.


This is what a waterlogged doglet looks like.

As we settle down, Chris decides he will adjust a sprinkler head. It breaks off in his hand and now we have a geyser. Screaming ensues again, and now we have to perform surgery on the sprinkler system, again. I would have caught that Kodak moment but he was screaming LOUD for me to turn off the water. We laughed in the end, but relaxed I was not. I do love my life. I love my husband, and I love the little dog who is Mavis Pearl. I wish I had something more interesting to tell you, but I wouldn't trade any of this for the world. Well, actually I am going to temporarily trade it for a 2nd try at the BFF weekend in Austin tomorrow. Just for 2 nights though.

1 comment:

Nandu said...

One extremely entertaining account and one disgruntled doglet... Check!