Wednesday, July 16, 2008

April Update...Malaysia 2 Weeks

Got an email from April last night. Now 2 weeks into her adventure in Malaysia she is experiencing a wide variety of emotions. The group of girls that she is living with have shown her so much love and hospitality. I think it has really helped her overcome some of the tough stuff. I sent her this quote the other day. I thought it profound and hope that it gave her a little courage:
"Although the world is full of suffering, it's also full of the overcoming of it." -Helen Keller

I'm still waiting on the update that will tell me more about the environment. I want to know what it looks like (has she seen any beautiful birds, the ocean...), how it feels (temp etc) and what she is eating. Has she been well? And all of the other "mother questions". Thank you God for giving me the gift of a daughter in April, so that I have had the opportunity to wonder these things!

It sounds like as she played for about 2500 people the other day, doing a Colby Callait cover, she was treated like a rock star. Not quite what she expected out of this trip:) My prayer for her is that God continue to keep her heart protected big time. Body, mind, and soul too. I can't wait to have this girl back home.

No comments: