Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My B(est) F(riend) F(orever)

My BFF is coming! She will be here soon and I can hardly wait!! She needs me and God knows I need her. The thing is, she married an Air Force man and never lives anywhere remotely close to here. She has really appreciated the experience of living around the world, and I admit I am a tiny bit envious sometimes. First it was Germany, then Guam, and most recently Alaska. The new orders are for Turkey, and they will be coming here on the way. I have been fortunate enough to visit them in Germany, and Chris and I visited last year in Alaska. I would love to see them in Turkey, but I'm not optimistic that we'll be able to make that trip. This visit may have to last us a while.

Chris and I are God Parents to their kids. They are family to us. I am really looking forward to the precious days we will spend together. Even now, I am fighting the lump in my throat that comes when I think about the goodbye that always comes too soon.

So, get here fast Pamela. We have a whole lotta nothin to do together, and never enough time to do it in.

No comments: