Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is that what's happening here?

It dawned on me tonight that I have entered a new season this last few weeks. And I must say...I'm liking it. I am a very social person by nature. I married a man that has not one social bone in his body. Had I not "stalked" him, we would never have met and married. Needless to say we don't get out with other people much. Or rather, not until recently.

Enter the dog park. A new dog park has opened in our neighborhood within the last month. It is pretty with shade trees and big rocks, and a special side just for small dogs. Being the the responsible dog owner that I am, I took Mavis to check it out. Guess what? There were PEOPLE at the dog park too! While the dogs play the people visit. Mavis really hasn't made friends (she takes after her dad), but I now belong to the dog park mom's club. I've already made friends with 2 people I wouldn't mind having coffee with outside the dog park. This is something I'd been missing and didn't even realize it.

Not only have I been mixing it up at he dog park, I have finally taken my sister-in-law's advice to blog. More recently she invited me to Twitter. Here as well I am finding that I am feeling right at home. I don't know what took me so long.

The lesson here? Take care of you, and you will be better equipped to take care of the rest. These things are "taking care of me". (Can you hear my therapist talking here? I can, and she is a very wise woman)

I just love the light-bulb-aha moments.

1 comment:

MsJamie said...

It's nice to be able to have the internet as a supplemental social outlet. I have met lifelong friends online (and my husband too!). It can bring us into contact with people we never would have met otherwise.