Thursday, June 4, 2009

not so free food

(gratuitous doglet picture somewhat unrelated to this post)

I dragged the sleepy doglet to Sonic last night for a free float. Like they advertised. I wanted to stick to my plan for losing a little weight this summer and asked for a Diet Coke float. They said no, the special was root beer only. So out of my mouth flies "then give me a chocolate hot fudge caramel pecan mini bundt cake". I didn't want to sound wishy washy so I didn't retract the order. And so I wouldn't appear wasteful, I ate the whole thing. Stupid Sonic people.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Swooning over your sweet pup!!!

amarkonmywall said...

lol! I've been eating my way through Chicago ethnic restaurants this moving week, what with a packed kitchen and a need to "stock up" on Chinese calories before returning to St. Pete, where I have yet to find good Asian cuisine. It will definitely be diet time next week. Love your doggie- and your river paddle looks divine. How are your owl babies? I'm missing mine...

Val said...

Vicki - I've seen lots of activity around (in and out of) the nest box, but they only appeared to start using it a little over a month ago. So late for the season I think. If there were eggs laid, we should have owlets soon. My fear is the heat of June and they won't make it. We'll see :)Havn't heard any rooting around in there.

I'll be in Tampa on business in August. Would love to meet for a glass of wine or a coffee!