Saturday, July 25, 2009

why I can't sleep


It's nearly midnight. I've been sick as a dog and I'm exhausted. But, steroid shots = wide awake. I've had a monster case of Strep Throat, and visit #2 to the doctor today resulted in 3 shots. 2 steroid and 1 antibiotic.

So here I sit on the back porch with half a watermelon and a spoon in my lap. It's a yellow meat watermelon. Had one? I grew up on these things. It's comforting. I'm also yearning for ice cream or a Venti iced decaf extra shot skinny latte. Anyone? I'll wait for you to get here.

I could sit out here and rock for hours. I've got all the citronella buckets lit and the new rocker/glider chair is like a drug in itself. There are lots of tree frogs and one very confused Cicada. No owls, just me, the watermelon, and the cicada. Still that's ok. I'm happy here. If I have to be up there's no place I'd rather be.

No comments: