Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


We made our annual trip to the local pumpkin patch this weekend. It always has that small town feel and really gets me going for the holiday season. Sometimes I imagine that I live in Stars Hollow while we're there (one of the things on my life list..live in a town like it). There's fresh roasted corn on the cob and made fresh kettle corn right there in a big kettle while you watch.

The corn maze is pretty spooky at night - they hand out flashlights and you can always count on someone to lurk and scare the bajeebas out of you. I've gotten lost in there during the day, which is precisely why I let everyone else go while I stand by ready to call in the choppers to search for them if they don't come back :) I was perfectly happy to sit with Mom on a bench and people watch. Kids running wild with excitement. I love it.


Mavis tagged along and was tortured by wearing her costume for this year, compliments of Aunt Pamela:) She wears these things to make me happy you know. She'll have to wear it again to my office on Oct 31st. So this was a good practice run. She was the cutest pumpkin in the patch.


Of course we went on the hay ride. Half the fun is waiting for your turn, and then spotting the rabbits and foxes in the field at night. My niece Sadie commented that they went way slower this year. I'm pretty sure that was because she is a year older and it just seemed slower. Pretty soon there won't be any kids in the family that still want to do the hayride. What will my excuse be then :)


Sadie made a great Tiger, but sadly, her wild getup didn't help my LSU Tigers at all. While we were at the Patch, they had their first loss of the season. Ironically to Sadie's favorite team, the Florida Gators.


At the end of the night, we all got to pick out a pumpkin or two to take home. I'm grateful for a Mom that insists we all still do these things, and who will always treat us to it.

PS.. April and McKenna, we really missed having you here this year.

No comments: