Monday, December 1, 2008

The month that got away.

I let November get away. It just flat went. I have to say that since I've gotten an iPhone, and use it to keep up on Twitter, I've really neglected the blog. It's not that I don't have anything to say, I just am saying it on Twitter more. Shame on lazy, lazy me. I go days without cranking up the laptop too.

I've enjoyed the changing of the season - and everything that goes with it. A couple of weeks ago we spent the weekend up at Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Chris, Mavis and I rented a cabin along with our good friends Johnny and Kellie. Since they moved to Tulsa we don't get to see them nearly enough. It was a good time to unplug and just relax. They are avid game players and taught us a new game - Settlers of Catan. You usually have to drag me kicking and screaming to play games. I have a huge allergy to competition. But I really had fun playing this game. The good company certainly didn't hurt. See Chris and Mavis totally focused on the "rock for wood, no I mean sheep for brick" strategy? Yeah, that didn't work. Johnny beat the crap out of us.

We (I)also spent quite a bit of time eating marshmallows by the fire.

So there you have it, I spent November playing games and eating marshmallows. Or so I wouldn't mind remembering it that way. It's been a tough November. Maybe someday I'll feel like writing about the rest of it. Here's to a better December.

PS.. I did go to see the new James Bond movie this month. I have decided that I want Dame Judi Dench to play me in the movie of our lives, the later years. Also went to see "The secret life of bees". Loved the book, and it was a great movie. From that movie I've decided that Dakota Fanning will play April as a young teen. So really I didn't lolly-gag all of November. I also did some casting for the movie of our lives.

1 comment:

Mike Kaizar said...

Thanks for the fun blog. November went way too fast for me too. I wanted to post because I saw your comment about Settlers of Catan and could not agree more. It is a fun game and is so different from all the games we played too much as kids and hate now. If you like Settlers, try Power Grid, Zoolotta, and Blokus.